Accent walls are a great way to add colour, texture, and interest to any room in your home. They are also a fun DIY project that can be completed in a weekend. Whether you're looking to add a bold pop of colour, create a statement wall, or just update your space, painting a DIY accent wall is an easy and affordable way to do it. Read more and we'll walk you through the steps to create your own stunning accent wall!
- Choose your wall: Select a wall that you want to highlight and use as an accent. Usually, the wall behind the head of the bed or the main seating area works best.
- Prep the wall: Clean the wall to be painted and remove any nails, hooks, or wall hangings. Fill any cracks or holes with spackle and sand it smooth when dry.
- Pick your paint: Decide on the colour you want for your accent wall. Choose a paint finish that's suitable for the wall and the room. A satin or gloss finish works best. Choose the colour and paint finishes according to your need easily here.
- Get your supplies: Gather your paint, brushes, rollers, painters tape, drop cloths, and a ladder. Pick your tools here.
- Tape off areas: Use painters tape to protect moulding, ceiling, and floor from paint.
- Prime the wall: Priming helps the paint adhere better and enhances the colour. Apply a thin, even layer of primer to the wall. Get your primer here.
- Paint the wall: Once the primer is dry, start painting the wall. For an even finish, use a roller and a brush. Paint in small sections and wait for each section to dry before moving on to the next. Apply two coats for the perfect colour.
- Touch-up: Once the wall is completely dry, remove the tape and touch up any missed spots.
- Enjoy your new accent wall: Stand back and admire your new accent wall. The new pop of colour will add life to the room and give it a fresh new look.
- To avoid confusion and make your project easier, get our Bundle DIY Paint & Tools here.
- Work slowly and carefully to avoid drips and streaks.
- Avoid over-brushing, which can cause the paint to look patchy
- If you're unsure about the colour, try a sample paint on a small section of the wall first.
With these simple steps, you can easily create a new accent wall in your home. Happy painting!
This article is powered by ChatGPT!