1. We at Alora Paints Pte Ltd, take your privacy seriously. This policy explains how we manage your personal data in compliance with Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”).
2. Personal data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access. Examples of personal data which you may provide to us include your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, contact number, payment details, credit card details, order details, internet protocol (IP) address, login data, profile data, username and password, location data.
3. This policy applies to all personal data which we may collect from you or your authorised representative through this website, from any other form of interaction with you or your authorised representative, or from third parties.
4. Aggregate information generally will not contain personal data. Hence, we may collect, use or share with third parties, such aggregate information. For instance, we may track visits to the pages and links on our website so that we can make decisions about the design and usage of our website and generally improve how we can provide our products and services to you.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5. We may collect your personal data in the following ways:
5.1. when you access or use our website;
5.2. when you create an account on our website;
5.3. when you subscribe to any of our mailing lists or newsletters;
5.4. when you request or place an order for any of our products or services;
5.5. when you make a transaction regarding any of our products or services;
5.6. when you contact us whether through our website’s online form, email,
text, phone or any other means;
5.7. when you activate or use any payment-related function on our website or provided by our third party service providers;
5.8. when you participate in any promotion, activity, campaign, or survey;
5.9. when you log in to your account or otherwise interact with us via an
external service or application;
5.10. when you interact with any of our agents, officers, contractors or
5.11. when we receive personal data from third parties such as vendors,
suppliers, business partners or customers;
5.12. when you provide your personal data to us for any other reason.
6. You should ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Any failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested. We shall have the right to request for documentation and carry out the necessary checks to verify the personal data provided by you as part of our user verification processes or as required under law.
7. We may collect, use or disclose your personal data for any of the following
7.13. to facilitate your use of the website;
7.14. to administer your account with us;
7.15. to provide you with any of our products or services;
7.16. to process your order for any of our products or services;
7.17. to bill for any of our products or services and to request for, or enforce,
payment of the same;
7.18. to carry out payment transactions (including any online or offline
payments, bank transfers and remittances) in relation to payments
related to you. In order to carry out such payment transactions, payment
information, which may include personal data, may be transferred to third
parties such as our payment service providers;
7.19. to arrange for third parties to help us provide our products or services to you, including (among other things) storage, tracking or delivery of our products or services;
7.20. to update you on the delivery of the products;
7.21. to better serve you by matching your preferences or needs with relevant products or services;
7.22. to communicate with you regarding our website, products, services,
campaigns, promotions, and surveys;
7.23. to provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
7.24. to provide you with information on select third parties’ websites, products, services, programs or events which we think may be of interest to you;
7.25. to respond to your queries or requests or provide customer support;
7.26. to manage our business operations;
7.27. to improve our business, website, products, services, or programs;
7.28. to carry out research, data analysis, or surveys relating to our business;
7.29. to investigate or process any wrongdoing, complaints, feedback,
enforcement action or legal action in relation to our business or website;
7.30. for legal purposes, including obtaining legal advice, managing disputes
and risks, complying with any laws, regulations, legal obligations or law
7.31. to store, host, back up data, including personal data;
7.32. to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, if necessary;
7.33. any other purposes relating to the above purposes.
8. We may disclose or permit the disclosure of your personal data with or transfer your personal data to third parties for the above-mentioned purposes. These third parties, which may be located in or outside your jurisdiction, include but are not limited to: service providers in respect of payment services, logistics and shipping, data analytics, market or consumer research, marketing, customer service, information technology and website hosting, and their service providers and related companies. If we disclose your personal data to these third parties, we endeavour to ensure that the third parties keep your personal data secure from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure or processing and retain
your personal data only for as long as your personal data is needed to achieve the above-mentioned purposes or in compliance with applicable laws.
9. We may share your personal data with third party service providers such as payment service providers for them to provide services to you. Your acceptance or use of the third party service provider’s services shall be subject to terms and conditions as may be agreed between you and the third party service provider.
11. Please note that should you purchase our products or services on our website via credit card, you will provide your credit card details to a third party payment service provider, which is an established and secure payment system provider.
12. You should rest assured that we do not sell your personal data to any third party.
13. If you have provided to us any third party’s personal data, you shall be deemed to have obtained that party’s consent for the relevant purpose of providing the personal data to us.
14. Additionally, we may disclose your personal data to third parties if we believe that we are required by law to so disclose or that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of our customers, the public or us.
15. We employ reasonable security measures to protect the personal data we receive from you. While we strive to create a secure and reliable website and IT system, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted over the Internet cannot be 100% guaranteed. We cannot be responsible or liable for illegal interception or theft of any personal data.
16. As part of our on-going efforts to ensure the best possible experience for all users of our website, we may use or store “cookies”, i.e. scripts of code, on your computer’s browser to record or collect information about you and your use of our website. This is to enable certain functions on our website. For instance, we may use “cookies” to:
16.34. remember your account username, name, email address or geographical region to enable or enhance your use of our website;
16.35. take note of how you use our website for the purpose of improving our
website, business, products, services, programs or events;
16.36. provide our products or services to you, e.g. recording products you have added to your shopping cart; and
16.37. conduct research and analytics.
17. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies but allow you to turn off cookies as part of the browser options. However, if you turn off cookies, it may make it difficult, and in certain instances impossible, to use some of our services on our website or otherwise.
REVIEWING AND CHANGING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION
18. You may view, update or change the personal data you have provided to us relating to your account with us. Log in to our website with your account
registered with us and you may update or change your personal data provided in relation to your account.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT; ACCESS OR CORRECTIONS
We may charge a fee in relation to any request to access, or make corrections, to your personal data held by us. In order to facilitate processing of your request, it may be necessary for us to request further information relating to your request.
To the extent permissible under law, we may refuse such requests if deemed
20. If you do not wish to receive any email, newsletter or marketing/promotional information from us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you would like removed and include the word "Unsubscribe" in the subject line. It may take some time for us to process your request, so please bear with us in the meantime.
21. You may choose to opt-out of having your personal data shared with third parties by sending an email to email@example.com with the phrase “Do Not Share” in the subject line. It may take some time for us to process your request, so please bear with us in the meantime.
22. If your personal data has been provided to us by a third party, you should contact that third party to make such queries, complaints or access and correction requests to us on your behalf.
23. You should note that if you withhold or withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data for any purpose, we may not be able to provide or continue providing any of our products and services to you or you may not be able to access certain parts or functions of the website. It is also possible that by doing so, you may breach your contractual obligations to us.
24. We will retain your personal data for as long as we are required or permitted to by law or as relevant for the purposes for which it was collected. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove such data which can identify you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for any legal or business purpose.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY