Hari Raya Puasa is just around the corner, and it's time to start decluttering and decorating your home to welcome guests and family members. There are several things that you can do to give your home a fresh look for the festive day.
For those who have limited time and capacity, we’d recommend you do the basic before Hari Raya Puasa.
- Clean your windows: Clean your windows inside and out to let in more natural light and create a brighter and more welcoming space.
- Deep clean your carpets and upholstery to remove any stains or odours.
- Sweep and mop your floors, dust your furniture, and wipe down the surfaces of your furniture.
- Organize your space: Declutter your home by getting rid of items that you no longer need or use. Organize your belongings and store them in a neat and tidy manner.
- Deodorize your home: Use air fresheners, scented candles, or essential oils to freshen up your home and create a pleasant aroma.
If you have more time and capacity, we’d suggest you refresh the decoration in your home.
- Use traditional fabrics: Add a touch of tradition to your home by using traditional fabrics such as batik, songket, or sarong as decorative accents.
- Hang decorative lights: Create a warm and inviting atmosphere by hanging decorative lights, such as fairy lights or lanterns, around your home.
- Use natural elements: Incorporate natural elements such as flowers, plants, or wood to add a touch of nature and create a peaceful and calming environment.
- Add decorative cushions: Use decorative cushions in traditional patterns and colours to add a pop of colour and comfort to your home.
And if you want do something a bit extra, we’d suggest you to repaint your home or even just your living room to give it a fresh look.
- Choose the right colour: consider using white shades of paint. White is often associated with purity, cleanliness, and new beginnings, which makes it a perfect colour for this occasion. Alora Paints offers a wide range of white shades that are far from boring. You can choose from classic white, off-white, pearl white, and many other shades that will add depth and sophistication to your home. Check our shades of white here.
- Experiment with finishes: Instead of sticking to a plain flat finish, consider using a glossy or satin finish to add depth and interest to your walls. A glossy finish will reflect light and make your space appear brighter and larger, while a satin finish will provide a subtle sheen without being too shiny.
- Accent walls: If you're not ready to commit to painting your entire room, consider painting an accent wall instead. Choose a bold colour or a patterned design to make a statement and add visual interest to your space. Green is a popular colour during Hari Raya Puasa as it symbolizes life, renewal, and growth. You can use shades of green as accents wall or feature wall in your living room or dining room where you welcome guests during the day. Find your green shades here.
- Consider the function of the room: When choosing colours and finishes, consider the function of the room. For example, a calming blue shade may be more suitable for a bedroom, while a bright yellow may be more suitable for a playroom or home office.
- Don't forget the details: Repainting your walls is just one part of the process. Don't forget to paint your trims, baseboards, and doors to give your space a polished and cohesive look.
With these tips, you can create a warm, welcoming, and festive atmosphere in your home for Hari Raya Puasa.